Sunday, November 1, 2009

Get wireless internet on an apple laptop with just AirPort

can you get wireless internet on an apple laptop with just AirPort?
I want to get an apple laptop (the clamshell kind) and I need to know if it is possible to not pay for wireless internet and have AirPort installed into the laptop. My home computer has a cable connection and I want to know what I have to do to access the internet wirelessly from my room. Does airport provide the whole wireless internet or do I really have to pay?
Laptops & Notebooks - 3 Answers
Random Answers, Critics, Comments, Opinions :
1 :
no you do not have to pay. my mom got an apple laptop and she only has airport connected to the computer. it works fine so ask the apple store to just give you airport.
2 :
its all free IF you have an wireless router you can buy an expensive kind from apple or get the linksys one i have all though i am not sure if linksys will work with apple linksys will guide on how to work it here is a link for more info i hpe this helped! http://garrickvanburen.com/archive/how-to-set-up-a-linksys-router-with-mac-os-x
3 :
AirPort is simply what Apple calls their WiFi cards and routers. If you put a wireless router on your cable modem at home you'll be able to access the Internet via your laptop with an AirPort card. Any wireless router will do regardless of whether it's Apple or LinkSys or Belkin, etc.

Read more discussions: